Diablo is a benchmark suite to evaluate blockchain systems on the same ground. It was developed in a partnership between University of Sydney CSRG and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL) DCL to evaluate blockchain and distributed ledger technologies when running realistic applications. The name Diablo stems from DIstributed Analytical BLOckchain benchmark. If you use Diablo, please cite our scientific article:
Diablo: A Benchmark Suite for Blockchains. V. Gramoli, R. Guerraoui, A. Lebedev, C. Natoli and G. Voron. Proceedings of the 18th ACM European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys), 2023.
Diablo was used to evaluate the following blockchains:
- Hyperledger Fabric (Compatible only with Diablo v1)
Diablo features several decentralized applications (DApps), including:
- Dota 2: one of the most popular multiplayer game of Steam,
- FIFA: a web service experiencing the FIFA requests during the soccer worldcup,
- NASDAQ: an exchange with the NASDAQ workload of the GAFAM stock trades,
- Twitter: a microblogging DApp with the trace of tweets at the release of The Castle in the Sky anime,
- Uber: a mobility service DApp with a Uber workload,
- YouTube: a video sharing service with a YouTube workload.
- Simple demo: In order to play with Diablo, download our virtualBox image and run some tests by following these tests.
- Reproducibility: To reproduce our results, you will need to setup a network configuration and follow a fresh installation.
- Artifact: our artifact comprises the documentation to run scripts and software to reproduce the results of our paper.
- Add your blockchain: Feel free to add your own blockchain to Diablo by following the blockchain instructions.
- Add your DApp: Feel free to add your own DApp/workload to Diablo by following the DApp instructions.
Please let us know if you added a new DApp or evaluated a new blockchain with Diablo.